7 Healthy Snacks for Weekend & Summer Athlete
Get ready for any activity and recover from it, too!
Whether you’re an adult or kid, summertime means being outside more, exercising, playing games, and competing in sports. You’ll need more energy than normal to feel good and perform well. So be sure to stay hydrated with plenty of water and electrolyte-replenishing drinks, and keep your energy up with these healthy snacks before and after your activities.
- Thermos-ready smoothies -- Make delicious, energy-boosting smoothies at home and take them with you in a thermos. Here’s a favorite smoothie recipe with an extra dose of plant-based protein: Blend together one cup of your favorite berries with ½ banana, ½ cup of apple juice, and ¼ cup of tofu.
- Fruit kebobs – For a cool, fruity twist on shish kebobs for hot summer days, skewer grapes and bite-size pieces of your favorite fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, and bananas. Enjoy the extra goodness of whole foods and a different flavor with every bite.
- Trail mix – Buy a healthy trail mix brand or create a mixture of your favorite dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. Add heart-friendly dark chocolate bits as an extra treat.
- Fresh veggies – Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and other favorites deliver a tasty crunch and quick-energy carbohydrates. Dip them in hummus (made from chick peas—also known as garbanzo beans)—for extra flavor and added protein.
- Healthy beef jerky – Instead of those supermarket beef jerky brands loaded with artificial preservatives and additives, chose a nutritious non-GMO alternative like Chomps Natural Beef Snack Sticks. Each serving is packed with 9 grams of energy-boosting non-GMO protein and a healthy dose of anti-inflammatory Omega 3 and CLA Omega 6 polyunsaturated fats.
- Peanut butter bananas – Cut a banana down the middle lengthwise and smear a healthy brand of peanut butter on one side. Close the two sides and take a bite! This delicious duo delivers exactly what your body needs for an active day. Bananas have plenty of potassium that helps prevent muscle cramps, and peanut butter adds protein for extra energy.
- Tuna on the go – Tuna fish now comes in convenient on-the-go pouches, complete with seasoning. Eat it straight out of the pouch or add it to a pita pocket and enjoy a healthy protein-carb snack for post-workout recovery. An excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, tuna fish helps repair damaged muscles and tissue.
Now that you have a tasty variety of healthy snack options, don’t forget to respect the heat, stay hydrated, and take breaks. Have a wonderful summer!
Chomps Natural Beef Snack Sticks
It’s amazing how much good nutrition is packed into every individually wrapped serving of Chomps Natural Beef Snack Sticks. It’s a perfect snack for summertime activities and a delicious alternative to traditional beef jerky brands. Each juicy Chomps stick is packed with nine grams of protein and made from 100% grass-fed non-GMO Angus beef, enhanced with the down-home flavors of farm-fresh ingredients and preserved with natural celery juice. Chomps are free of gluten, soy, hormones, added sugars, antibiotics, dairy, and MSG.
Order Chomps natural beef snack sticks online in three juicy flavors—Original, Crankin’ Cran, and Jalapeno. Chomps is Whole30 approved and paleo-diet friendly. Enjoy your protein boost the healthy, tasty way!