The term “Grass-fed Beef” is showing up on more fresh meat packages in supermarkets as a sign of higher quality beef than factory farm grain-fed beef.
Grass-fed beef means that beef cows spend their entire lives outdoors grazing on their natural diet of pasture grasses and forage. This is in stark contrast to animals raised indoors in factory farms and forced to eat an unnatural diet of grains and other unspeakable ingredients.
Factory-farm beef cows are forced to consume feed that makes them sick and lacks the nutritional value needed to keep them healthy.
Healthier Cows Produce Healthier Beef
You’ve heard the expression: “garbage in, garbage out.” You can’t have quality beef when cows are raised in inhumane conditions where deadly bacteria and other pathogens thrive. Factory-farm beef cows are forced to consume feed that makes them sick and lacks the nutritional value needed to keep them healthy. It’s completely against the natural way cows have been raised since they were first domesticated in Southwest Asia about 11,000 years ago.
A steady diet of natural pasture grasses creates nutrient-rich grass-fed beef with a long list of health benefits:
Health Benefits for Consumers
Compared to grain-fed beef, grass-fed beef has:
- Higher amounts of minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, sodium, and phosphorus
- Higher amounts of vitamins like beta-carotene and vitamins B1, B2, and E
- 300% to 500% more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) which promotes weight loss and is a potential cancer fighter How Grass-fed Beef Helps You Lose Weight
- Right balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids which plays an essential role in reducing inflammation and preventing disease
- Heart-healthy benefits due to, more omega-3 fatty acids, more CLA, and more antioxidant vitamins
- No antibiotics, no growth hormones, no grains, no gluten, and no animal by-products in their feed.
- No pesticides or genetically modified organisms if the pastures are non-GMO
- No superbugs because grass-fed beef is not likely to harbor bacteria-resistant superbugs
Consumers are demanding safer food options, whether it’s non-GMO products or grass-fed beef, and progressive supermarket chains are responding to their demands.
Health Benefits for the Environment
Grass-fed beef offers unique environmental benefits, not offered by grain-fed beef:
- Supports Sustainability – Every dollar spent on grass-fed beef supports sustainable methods instead of factory farming methods.
- Smaller Carbon Footprint – A National Trust study concluded that grass-fed beef production results in the increased biodiversity of pasture ecosystems because a) cows can be fed on marginal lands unsuitable for crops, and b) well-managed pastures create an improved quality of runoff water that flows into downstream rivers and other bodies of water during storms.
Where to Buy Grass-fed Beef
Consumers are demanding safer food options, and progressive supermarket chains are responding to their demands. That’s why it’s easier than ever to find a selection of grass-fed beef products at your local supermarket. National chains like Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Publix, Aldi’s, Wegman’s, Sprouts Farmers Market, and even Walmart are leading the charge.
Non-GMO Project Verified Snacks
Chomps Natural Beef Sticks are a perfect snack and a nutritious addition to well-balanced breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, too. With 9 grams of protein and 100 calories in every individually wrapped stick, Chomps is Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Paleo-friendly. Made from 100% grass-fed and grass finished non-GMO beef, farm-fresh ingredients, and a natural celery juice preservative, Chomps is a perfect complement to an active lifestyle. Delicious and satisfying, Chomps are tender, flavorful, juicy, and have no GMOs, no added sugar, no gluten, no soy, no hormones, no antibiotics, no dairy, and no MSG.
Enjoy Chomps natural beef snack sticks in four flavors—Beef Original Flavor, Beef Crankin’ Cranberry, Beef Hoppin’ Jalapeno, and Venison Salt & Pepper. Buy Chomps online on our website, on AMAZON, or at Trader Joe’s and Target stores nationwide. Enjoy your protein boost the healthy non-GMO way!