Paleo Snacks: Is Grass-Fed Meat Worth the Price?
Protein is an essential part of a healthy eating plan, and for Paleo diet enthusiasts, it is the largest nutritional component of a high-protein/low-carb way of eating. Protein is naturally present in most foods in varying amounts —fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, grains, eggs, milk, cheese, and, of course, meats.
Because Paleo dieters eat meat, they will inevitably question: Is grass-fed meat worth the higher price? In a national survey of ground beef prices, Consumer Reports revealed that grass-fed ground beef costs about $2.50/lb. more than factory-farmed meats; and organic grass-fed ground beef costs at least $3/lb. more.
Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef
Grass-fed beef and other grass-fed meats have numerous health benefits that factory-farmed meats don’t have.
- No Toxins or Additives – When cattle roam pasturelands dining on natural non-GMO grass their entire lives, they eat a pure diet free of pesticides and genetically modified organisms. This is the preferred diet that cows have evolved to eat, unlike factory-farmed animals that are forced to eat an unnatural diet which introduces toxins.
- Nutritional Powerhouses – Grass-fed animals ingest the right balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 polyunsaturated fats. The proper ratio of these fatty acids is essential for humans and may play a role in regulating metabolism, preventing and treating coronary artery disease, hypertension, arthritis, cancer, and other inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Brains need vitamin B12 to grow and develop,
and B12 is only present in meats--not plants.
- Brain Development -- Brains need vitamin B12 to grow and develop, and B12 is only present in meats--not plants. Read more about How Eating Meats Made Us More Human.
- No Superbugs -- Sustainable grass-fed meats are less likely to harbor superbugs which are bacteria resistant to three or more classes of antibiotics.
Grass-fed beef has 300% to 500% more CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), a healthy fat that promotes weight loss.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Decades of research comparing factory farmed beef and grass-fed beef have shown that grass-fed beef has 300% to 500% more CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), a healthy fat that promotes weight loss. Synthetic versions of CLA have been popular weight loss supplements for years, but they don’t have the power of naturally occurring CLA in beef. Learn more about Grass-Fed Beef and Weight Loss.
- Supports Sustainability – Every dollar you spend on grass-fed meats and organic grass-fed meats supports sustainable methods instead of conventional factory farming methods. While the price of grass fed meats is higher now, the more people purchase it, the better the pricing will become.
For these reasons and more, the benefits of grass-fed meat far outweigh the lower-quality factory meat options.. When you bite into a piece of grass-fed meat, you are experiencing healthier, leaner protein that is significantly higher in nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory fatty acids. You can’t put a price on you or your family's health, but you can make the choice to pay a little extra to gain a lot more!
Chomps Natural Beef Sticks
Made from 100% grass-fed non-GMO Angus beef, Chomps Natural Beef Sticks are Non-GMO Project Verified, Whole30 approved, and paleo-diet friendly. The perfect complement to an on-the-go lifestyle. Chomps are enhanced with the down-home flavors of farm-fresh ingredients and preserved with natural celery juice. Instead of tasting like those tough-to-chew unhealthy jerky brands in supermarkets, Chomps are tender, flavorful, juicy, and free of gluten, soy, hormones, antibiotics, dairy, and MSG. “Shop the butterfly” and keep your family safe.
Order Chomps natural beef snack sticks online in three juicy flavors—Original, Crankin’ Cran, and Hoppin’ Jalapeno—and at Trader Joe’s retail stores nationwide. Enjoy your protein boost the healthy non-GMO way!