CHOMPS Jerky & Onion Frittata (21 Day Sugar Detox Approved)
Need a quick breakfast you can throw together at the last minute? This frittata recipe is fast and delicious. In fact, the whole thing comes together in under 15 minutes.
Plus, it's incredibly versatile. Swap in different flavors of Chomps (we love the Original Beef, Turkey and Jalapeño flavors) and add in whatever else you have in your fridge - try mushrooms, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese (for level 2 or post-detox) and more. The sky's the limit!
- 2 tsp cooking fat (bacon fat, coconut oil, palm oil, butter or ghee)
- 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Chomps Meat Sticks (or 4 Chomplings) - all flavors except Crankin’ Cran Beef (due to the cranberries) are 21DSD approved.
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice your Chomps into 1/4” pieces.
- Stovetop: Place 1 teaspoon of the cooking fat into an oven-safe pan (we used a cast iron skillet) and allow it to heat up over medium heat before dropping in the onion.
- Saute the onion for a few minutes, until softening. Then add the Chomps to heat through.
- Beat the 6 eggs in a small bowl while the onion finishes cooking.
- Add the remaining cooking fat to the pan and then add the eggs.
- Transfer the pan to your pre-heated oven and set a timer for 5-7 minutes.
- Your frittata will rise a bit and become slightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and serve whole or cut into portions either hot or at room temperature.
Original recipe from: The 21 Day Sugar Detox