Gluten Free Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These gluten free lettuce wraps are a healthy alternative that you MUST TRY for your next #TacoTuesday! Their spice level is up to you!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 CHOMPS Turkey Jerky Sticks (Jalapeño or Original)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- large handful of carrots, chopped
- large handful of tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp GF tamari sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- large handful of cashews
- chipotle mayo and/or sriracha (optional)
- Cut turkey jerky sticks into ¼ inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over high heat.
- Add chopped yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, carrots, tomatoes, & white onion to skillet.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste, and stir-fry until cooked through for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cashews, turkey jerky, and GF tamari sauce. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Let it cool for a couple minutes. Sprinkle the green onions over the mixture.
- Carefully remove pieces of lettuce from the head of lettuce.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce cups.
- Drizzle chipotle mayo or sriracha on lettuce cups if you like.
Original Recipes from Gluten Free Follow Me