Low Carb Keto Meat-Za
- 3/4 lb boneless + skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup asiago or parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
For the rest of the pizza, toppings of your choice. Pictured in recipe:
- Sliced orange bellpeppers
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Burrata cheese
- Sliced CHOMPS jerky stick, any flavor
- Green chilis
To make the low-carb protein crust:
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Take 3/4 lb boneless + skinless chicken thighs and OPTIONAL: trim off excess fat.
- Put the chicken thighs in a food processor and process well.
- Once processed, add in 1 large egg, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup asiago or parmesan cheese, and mix well. I also add 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp garlic powder, but not required.
- Grab a cookie sheet or pizza pan and lay down the crust with a very thin layer of the mixture. I laid down parchment paper to make the cleanup easier.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes, or until golden crispy. Keep an eye on the oven starting the 20 minute mark as ovens vary.
To make the rest of the pizza:
- Remove crust from the oven, put on your sauce + toppings, then put back in the oven for another 7-15 minutes depending on your toppings.
- Cut into slices/shapes of your choosing and devour!
Recipe originally found on: @shredhappens Instagram