- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tsp each paprika, black pepper, dried oregano
- ½ tsp each onion powder, dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups broth plus ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can, diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Chomps Venison sticks
- Heat oil in a large stew pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice, spices, and bay leaf. Saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and Chomps; cook 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf and serve.
Original recipe from: Spartan