Job Posting: FP&A, Associate
Who We Are
Chomps® redefines better-for-you snacking with its signature meat snacks, made from the highest quality, humanely raised meats and containing only natural ingredients. Our Chomps mission is to make healthy snacks with NO tradeoffs: great taste and powerful nutrition fueling on-the-go lifestyles. CHOMPS is the only meat snack that is Grass Fed & Finished, Whole30 Approved, Gluten Free, Certified Paleo, Keto Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Certified Humane.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our FP&A team as an Associate. As Chomps’ first dedicated FP&A hire, this position has tremendous development opportunities, positioning you to be a visible contributor. You will work with leadership to develop and enhance the finance and planning function at Chomps. You will help ensure alignment of Chomps’ financial and strategic plans with the highest-level goals and objectives of our business, applying understanding of the key business drivers that should inform decisions and anticipate impacts. You will be responsible for delivering high quality analysis and reporting meaningful insights that enable data-informed decisions across the organization. This role is strategic, results-oriented, and requires an individual who is highly analytical and detail-oriented.
Traits of a Chompian
You are self-motivated and results-driven. You are scrappy, resourceful and reliable. You have high standards and unparalleled integrity. You are a critical thinker and problem solver. You are a leader who gets your hands dirty and always sees things through. You have a hunger to learn and improve. You hold yourself and others to a high standard. You have a “servant” mindset and go the extra mile for your company and customers. You take a keen interest in nutrition and active living.
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations to the business driven by data, with particular focus on KPIs, trends, growth, and profitability
- Perform detailed analysis of current and past trends in all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and other expenses
- Anticipate, perform, and own ad-hoc projects and analyses to support the rest of the organization, support timely execution against timelines, and drive towards established goals
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and commentary
- Create and maintain dashboards and other BI tools to enhance financial visibility and real-time performance tracking
- Assist with strategic and financial planning processes; collaborate with business leaders to support forecasting meetings and input preparation
- Create and maintain financial models
- Prepare financial and strategic slides for use with senior leadership and full team; leverage data and analysis to deliver narrative and insights
- Collaborate with accounting to streamline financial close process and financial reporting
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related field required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in quantitative field (e.g., FP&A, investment banking, consulting)
- Expert in in Excel with excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and ability to anticipate questions and “connect-the-dots”
- Exceptional judgement and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and collaborate with team members across levels
- Ability to succinctly communicate complex messaging in a credible and clear manner
- Results-focused, team-oriented and a strong work ethic
- Prior experience in the branded food and beverage and/or e-commerce industries is a plus
- Familiarity with BI, CRM and financial planning applications is a plus
What You’ll Get
- Make an impact: Join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial company at a pivotal point to positively impact the packaged food industry
- Upward mobility: Grow within CHOMPS quickly based on outstanding performance
- Competitive pay: We are building a profitable business and offer competitive compensation packages to top talent. We win together.
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, 401K matching, Generous PTO, Wellness Perks