Job Posting: Associate Accountant
Who We Are
CHOMPS® redefines better-for-you snacking with its signature meat snacks, made from the highest quality, humanely raised meats and containing only natural ingredients. The CHOMPS mission is to make healthy snacks with NO tradeoffs: great taste and powerful nutrition fueling on-the-go lifestyles. CHOMPS is the only meat snack that is Grass Fed & Finished, Whole30 Approved, Gluten Free, Certified Paleo, Keto Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Certified Humane.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious accounting professional to join our team as an Associate Accountant. In this critical role, you will be an instrumental contributor to enhancing the accounting and process needs for our growing organization. You will work closely with the Chomps leadership team and cross-functionally throughout the organization. You will manage a team of third-party transactional accountants, with direct accountability for best-in-class execution. You will drive process improvement, enhancing speed and accuracy of Chomps’ financial reporting. You will bring a continuous improvement mentality, challenge the status quo and deliver solutions. You will have a unique opportunity to be an early and direct contributor to Chomps’ developing finance and accounting function.
Traits of a Chompian
You are self-motivated, results-driven, and detail-oriented. You are scrappy, resourceful and reliable. You have high standards and unparalleled integrity. You are a critical thinker and problem solver. You are a leader who gets your hands dirty and always sees things through. You have a hunger to learn and improve. You hold yourself and others to a high standard. You have a “servant” mindset and go the extra mile for your company and customers. You take a keen interest in nutrition and active living.
- Directly manage team of 5 third-party transactional accountants to ensure best-in-class execution of day-to-day accounting responsibility
- Identify, design, and implement strategic enhancements to drive financial data accuracy and expediency, including reconciliations, controls, internal process improvements, technology upgrades, etc.
- Actively participate in month end close procedures and executive reporting meetings
- Analyze financial trends and variances to improve data accuracy and escalate opportunities for financial upside (revenue upside, cost reductions, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to compile and enhance inventory tracking, reporting, and visibility
- Support and impact ERP evaluation, selection, and implementation initiative
- Proactively contribute to our growing finance and accounting function, with a distinct focus on systems, process, and scalability
- Provide direct support for successful annual audit and tax work
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting
- Well-versed in GAAP; CPA certification (or desire to obtain the certification) strongly preferred
- Accounting experience in the branded food, food and beverage manufacturing, and/or e-commerce industries
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a corporate, consulting or audit capacity
- Prior experience with QBO and bill.com, or similar cloud-based platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial systems, processes, and all applicable accounting and tax standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail, investigative, and analytical skill
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities – prioritize effectively and deliver results with an ownership mentality
- ERP implementation and in-depth utilization experience a plus
What You’ll Get
- Make an impact: Join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial company at a pivotal point to positively impact the food industry
- Upward mobility: Grow within CHOMPS quickly based on outstanding performance
- Competitive pay: We are building a profitable business and offer competitive compensation packages to top talent. We win together.
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, 401K matching, Generous PTO, Wellness Perks
- Flexible work arrangements: We are focused on the health and wellbeing of our team members. Our team is working remote during the Covid-19 pandemic, and will transition back to the office as needed.