Job Posting: Paid Work-Study, Accounting Analyst
(Part Time / Internship / Work-Study: Fully Remote, 3-6 months with possibility for extension and full-time employment)
Who We Are
CHOMPS® redefines better-for-you snacking with its signature meat snacks, made from the highest quality, humanely raised meats, and containing only natural ingredients. The CHOMPS mission is to make healthy snacks with NO tradeoffs: great taste and powerful nutrition fueling on-the-go lifestyles. CHOMPS is the only meat snack that is Grass Fed & Finished, Whole30 Approved, Gluten Free, Certified Paleo, Keto Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and Certified Humane.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious accounting student to join our team for an Accountant Analyst Work-Study Program. In this fully remote, part time role, you will grow professionally through your experiences, working closely with our team as a key contributor to enhance the accounting and process needs of our growing organization. You will be exposed to a broad range of core accounting responsibilities and experiences, including accounts payable processing, customer invoicing, and cash application, along with ad-hoc projects & analysis. We expect your responsibility to grow over the course of the program. You will support process improvement, enhancing speed and accuracy of Chomps’ financial reporting. You will have a seat at the table among management and company leadership, bringing a continuous improvement mentality and helping implement efficiencies and solutions. You will also have the unique opportunity to support the Chomps team with system implementations, providing invaluable career experience.
Traits of a Chompian
You are self-motivated, results-driven, and detail-oriented. You are scrappy, resourceful, and reliable. You have high standards and unparalleled integrity. You are a critical thinker and problem solver. You are a leader who gets your hands dirty and always sees things through. You have a hunger to learn and improve. You hold yourself and others to a high standard. You have a “servant” mindset and go the extra mile for your company and customers. You take a keen interest in nutrition and active living.
- Processing of accounts payable, ensuring correct classification to general ledger
- Handling accounts receivable, including new customer onboarding, uploading, monitoring, and performing and/or reviewing daily invoicing procedures
- Participating in the cash application process including reviewing trade spend and following up to ensure all allowances are applied correctly and match to trade agreements
- Assists with various general account reconciliations, journal entries and schedules as needed
- Actively participate in month end close procedures and executive reporting meetings
- Support key system initiative: Evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Proactively contribute to our growing finance and accounting function, with a distinct focus on systems, process, and scalability
- Provide direct support for ongoing third party audit and tax work
- Ad hoc projects & analysis
Who You Are
- Current student working towards a Bachelor's degree in business with a major or concentration in Accounting, having completed or on track to complete core Intermediate Accounting coursework
- Conceptual understanding of GAAP principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant attention to detail, intellectually curious, and highly analytical
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent responsibilities – prioritize effectively and deliver results with an ownership mentality
- Discipline and accountability in a remote work environment
- Proficiency with personal computers and software such as Excel and PowerPoint
What You’ll Get
- Make an impact: Positively change the food industry and join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial company.
- Senior-level exposure: We are a lean team of 20+ Chompians, and you will work directly with executives, management, and across functions. Your exposure will reach well beyond your core responsibilities.
- Differentiated experience: Gain practical, hands-on experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Competitive pay: We value top talent and are building a profitable business together. This is a paid position.
- Flexible work arrangements: We are focused on the health and wellbeing of our team members. Our team is working remote during the Covid-19 pandemic.