Job Posting: Senior Marketing Manager, Community & Engagement
The Job: Team CHOMPS is searching for a high energy, highly motivated, and creative marketer to build strong community partnerships and maintain all social channels for Chomps! This person loves to create lasting relationships to build brand awareness and drive sales within strategic communities. You will build upon and develop new strategies to amplify Chomps among our consumer demographic - identifying authentic platforms and partners to reach our target demographic. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all activities related to the community - building and maintaining relationships with influencers, brand partners, coordinate and monitor all social media activities, negotiate agreements and ensure all terms are met, and monitor performance and key KPIs for awareness, sales, and participants in the program. You will report to the Brand Director and work closely with the entire marketing team to ensure your efforts stay connected to the efforts of the company.
Traits of a Chompian:
- Creative thinker with the natural ability to empathize with others and understand what motivates them.
- Self-motivated and action oriented, with a team player mindset.
- Humble, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- Scrappy, resourceful and persistent.
- Critical thinker and a problem solver.
- Can “connect the dots” and spot trends early.
- Not afraid to go against the grain and establish your own lane.
- Takes complete ownership of responsibilities and doesn’t make excuses – a true Chompian always finds a way.
- Highly organized and meticulous about the details.
- Possesses a hunger to learn and driven to do better daily.
- Has a keen interest in health, fitness and nutrition.
This role will own strategy and execution across social media, customer experience, influencer marketing and have two direct reports.
- Identify and build win-win, strategic relationships with social influencers and like-minded brands through both paid and earned activity.
- Plan, execute, and measure strategic initiatives that drive brand awareness and sales across direct to consumer and retail channels. This includes an always-on program and the amplification of campaigns like new product launches, new retail locations, or brand initiatives.
- Monitor activity on social tools (such as Sprout Social) and engage with audiences.
- Research, identify, prioritize, create, and publish content to engage our audience and nurture a highly interactive brand following across all platforms.
- Manage customer experience team to continue a positive consumer experience through inbound marketing.
- Measure and report on customer experience effectiveness and multi-channel campaigns based on traffic analytics from each native social channel.
- Write engaging, actionable copy tailored to our unique platforms and target audience
- Attend (when applicable) media, influencer, and fitness events, consumer shows, and trade shows to build and create new relationships.
- Build new customer acquisition strategy to further penetrate the key communities and demographics we currently service and establish key relationships within those communities.
- Manage a program budget for social media, sponsored partnerships, seeding, and campaign swag.
- Manage a traditional affiliate commission structure that incentivizes sales and support for influencer campaigns and promotions.
- Research, evaluate, and test new technologies, and opportunities within the partner landscape.
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing and creative team to ensure all content needs are met and customized to the needs of our partners.
- Present results and insights including recommendations and process enhancements to leadership and management teams.
- Stay on top of social media and influencer marketing trends.
- Regularly identify and vet new and up-and-coming influencers for current and future programs.
- Identify trends in community engagement and suggest optimizations to improve campaign performance.
- As part of the Chomps team, you will occasionally help support critical strategic business initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- 2+ years of social media and/or influencer marketing experience
- Ability to leverage existing relationships as applicable to the Chomps brand.
- Must have a good understanding of current nutrition and fitness trends and be able to answer questions about why Chomps is the best option.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills! This person can start conversations with anyone and create a positive association with Chomps brand.
- Very strong team player, ability to work with cross-functional teams to get results.
- Highly responsive & available.
- Tech-savvy: experience with all social media platforms, MS Office, Google Docs and CRM.
- Passion for natural and organic products.
- Ability to travel <5%, potentially some weekend travel for trade/event shows (when the world gets back to ‘normal’).
- Ability to provide after-hours and weekend remote support.
What You’ll Get:
- Make an impact: Join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial company at a pivotal point to positively impact the food industry.
- Upward mobility: Grow within CHOMPS quickly based on outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay: We are building a profitable business and offer competitive compensation packages to top talent. We win together!
- Comprehensive benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, 401K matching, Generous PTO, Wellness Perks.
- Flexible work arrangements: We are focused on the health and wellbeing of our team members. Our team is working remote during the Covid-19 pandemic, and will transition back to the office as needed.