Need a low carb lunch or dinner meal? We have a delicious and healthy papaya salad recipe for your meal break. Papaya salads contain a healthy blend of greens and spices such as green beans, tomatoes, garlic, chili flakes and Thai basil. Not to mention, some special protein with an Original
Chomps Beef Stick would add even more flavor and taste on top of the fish sauce, roasted peanuts and lime juice. Find the recipe below and whip up a simple and tasty 5-step low-carb meal!
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 big handful green beans
- 1 green papaya
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup thai basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced in half
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 original beef Chomps
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, coconut sugar, garlic and chili flakes to a bowl and whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Use a mandolin attachment with a julienne or cut into thin slices your carrot and papaya. Do this for the Chomps as well. We recommend cutting one stick in half in the middle and then each of the 2 slices cut vertically (julienne style).
- Add the papaya and carrots to a large mixing bowl along with the green beans (with ends snapped off), tomatoes, shallots, cilantro and Thai basil finely chopped.
- Pour dressing over and mix together until fully coated.
- Arrange salad on a plate and top with peanuts and more basil! Serve.