It's the season for holiday cocktails to go with your charcuterie boards filled with Chomps. We whipped together (no pun intended) this dairy-free egg nog topped with whipped cream for a holiday treat. Top it with a cinnamon stick and star anise to wow your guests at your next holiday get-together.
1 can full fat coconut milk
3/4 cup almond milk
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 shot bourbon
Garnishes: Cinnamon stick, star anise and ground cinnamon
Topping: Whipped cream
- First blend the egg yolk and maple syrup in a blender until frothy. Set aside.
- Combine coconut and almond milk with your seasonings over medium high heat until it starts to simmer. Make sure it doesn’t boil!
- Keep whisking the milk mixture until you see the sides bubbling.
- Now remove from heat and pour your mixture slowly into the blender and then mix on low.
- Once it’s all mixed, pour over a strainer back into your saucepan and heat up until it’s thickened. Then stir in the vanilla and bourbon. Allow the eggnog to cool to room temp then pop in fridge to chill.
- Serve with extra cinnamon, star anise and a cinnamon stick. Whipped cream optional!