A quintessential part of the holidays, stuffing can be full of heavy carbs. But not this Thanksgiving stuffing recipe! In my opinion, this is the best Thanksgiving stuffing recipe that also is keto friendly and low carb. Not only is this a healthy stuffing but it’s delicious, easy and flavored with a secret ingredient - Chomps Jerky!
You don’t need to blow your healthy eating patterns just because it’s a holiday. This recipe incorporates protein-full and flavor-full Chomps Turkey Jerky, vegetables, plenty of herbs and low carb ghee to keep this baked stuffing moist and add extra flavor. Wild mushrooms and Chomps Turkey Jerky add loads of rich flavor to this beloved side dish. Keto friendly bread makes for a healthy and low carb base. All mixed together with lots of veggies and classic Thanksgiving herbs, this is a recipe you’ll want to make year round. So be sure to stock up on your pantry essential Chomps Jerky so you can always make this delicious recipe and have a healthy stuffing at the ready.
Prep Time: 35 minutes plus baking
- 8 c. keto friendly bread cubes
- 1/2 c. finely diced onion
- 1/2 c. finely diced carrot
- 1/2 c. finely diced celery
- 1 c. chopped wild mushrooms
- 1 c. diced root vegetables (any kind! rutabaga, celery root, radish or even butternut squash!)
- 6 Chomps Turkey Jerky, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. dried sage
- 2 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 c. turkey or chicken stock
- 1/3 c. ghee, divided
- optional: fresh sage, rosemary and thyme for garnish
- Grease a 3 qt. baking dish or a 9x13 baking dish and set to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the keto bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven to dry out for 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, carrot, celery and wild mushrooms in a large saute pan with half of the ghee for 9-10 minutes until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the diced root vegetables and the sliced Chomps Turkey Jerky and continue sautéing until the root vegetables are beginning to soften and the jerky is slightly browned.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the dried keto friendly bread cubes.
- Toss with the dried rosemary, sage, thyme and salt and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and the turkey stock. Pour over the bread, jerky and vegetable mixture and gently toss until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the remaining ghee and drizzle evenly over the top and cover tightly with foil.
- Turn the oven down to 350 and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Be sure to stock up on plenty of Turkey Jerky for this easy Thanksgiving stuffing recipe and make sure you have some of the other fun flavors on hand for healthy, protein rich and low carb snacking!