If you're looking for a way to beat the summer heat and enjoy a beverage alongside something spicy (like our Jalapeño Beef Chomps), this frozen watermelon mint mocktail is for you. If you're heading to a barbecue this summer, this drink would be the perfect thing to bring along and if you add 2oz of tequila or vodka to it, it can turn into a delicious cocktail.
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup frozen watermelon
- ½ cup refrigerated watermelon, slices cut into chunks
- 3-6 sprigs of mint
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Chilé lime seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Handful of ice
1. Combine coconut water, frozen watermelon, lime and sprigs of mint in a blender. Combine until watermelon is blended into a smoothie consistency.
2. Take a lime and rim a glass with the lime juice then place into the chilé lime seasoning like you’re making a margarita.
3. Pour the watermelon drink into your glass (ice optional) and then top with a watermelon slice on the side. Top the drink itself with a mint sprig. Enjoy!
Photos by Megan Weimer