3/4 Stick of Butter
3 cups Chopped Sweet Onions
2 Cup chopped Celery
3/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp minced Saged
2 cups Chicken broth
2 sliced Sea Salt Beef Chomps
7 cups of left out day-old/stale cornbread
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF
- Melt 1 Tbsp of Butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, Chomps sticks (sliced), salt and pepper.
Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until the onion and celery is lightly softened.
- Transfer the onion and celery to a bowl. Crumble the cornbread into the same bowl along with the minced sage and mix all contents so ingredients are well combined.
- In the same skillet melt 2 additional Tbsp of butter just to melt it, then pour over the cornbread mixture in the bowl and mix in.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and mix into the cornbread stuffing.
- Transfer the cornbread stuffing to a lightly greased 8x8 glass casserole dish. Add small droplets of the remaining butter, the size of peas, all over the top of the stuffing. Sprinkle with additional salt & pepper.
- Bake until crispy, about 45-50 minutes.