The next time you're heading to a picnic or need a new snack idea for your kids, take out a muffin tin and pop snacks into each muffin tin. Once you're done snacking, you can pop the tray into your dishwasher for easy clean-up.
A few of our favorite snacks to include here are Chomplings (a great way to pack in protein for your kids), grapes, beet hummus, grape tomatoes and carrots. Use whatever small snacks you have on hand that you love!
- 1 muffin pan
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 persian cucumbers, sliced and cut
- 1 cup of mixed nuts (or seeds if you have an nut allergy)
- 1 bag of Original Turkey Chomplings (or 2 full sized Original Beef or Jalapeño Beef Chomps sticks)
- 1 cup of Beet Hummus
- 1 cup of Tzatziki dip
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free pretzels
1. In a muffin tin, place each of the snacks into a different cup. Put tzatziki or ranch dip into one of the cups and beet hummus into another so that you can dip your veggies and Chomps.
2. If you're bringing this to a picnic, pack all of your veggies in reusable bags or small tupperware (along with your muffin tin). Once you get to your picnic, let your kids organize the snacks into the muffin tins and enjoy!
Photos by Megan Weimer