Photo by Megan Weimer
- 8oz brown rice fusilli pasta 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Italian Style Beef Chomp Sticks, finely diced
- Red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 14oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained 1 small log of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil Parmesan for topping
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt the water and cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the pepper flakes and zest along with the spinach, along with the Italian Style beef Chomps Sticks finely diced. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts.
3. Add the pasta to the spinach and artichoke mixture. Crumble the goat cheese over the top and stir in the lemon juice along with 1⁄4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Continue stirring until a creamy sauce coats the pasta. If the pasta isn’t creamy enough, add additional pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh basil and parmesan.