Created by Kendra Peterson, Drizzle Kitchen
Bell peppers make a great base for a Keto meal that’s filling and satisfactory. Not sure about the nutritional value? Learn more about how bell peppers benefit a keto diet in a Chomps article here. This recipe has an Italian flare for your taste buds. If you enjoy a well-blended array of vegetables with a touch of natural spices, you should try this easy Keto recipe!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large bell peppers, tops cut off and inside cleaned
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 Chomps Original Beef Stick, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. halved grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 c. sliced fresh basil
- Optional: 1 c. shredded mozzarella + 1/4 c. grated parmigiana
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and place the cleaned bell peppers into the water for 3-4 minutes to soften. Remove from the water and drain upside down.
- While the peppers are resting, prepare the filling. Finely dice the tops that you cut off the peppers and add those to a preheated nonstick pan along with the diced yellow onion, sliced Chomps Original Beef Stick, cauliflower rice and diced zucchini for that keto-friendly mix of ingredients. Saute for 8-9 minutes until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the minced garlic, halved grape tomatoes and dried oregano and saute for 1-2 minutes until you start to smell the garlic. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil. *If you plan to add the mozzarella, stir it in now.
- Place the lightly cooked peppers in a small baker. Fill with the vegetable and Chomps sauteed mixture. *If you plan to add the parmigiana sprinkle this on top of the peppers now.
- Add 1/4 c. water to the bottom of the baking dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 14-15 minutes to set everything up. Remove from the oven and enjoy your Keto Italian stuffed peppers!
There you have it—a delicious, low-effort, low-carb Keto recipe for any busy weeknight! Keto Italian Stuffed Peppers are a tasty meal sure to please to the pickiest eaters. Maintaining your Keto diet shouldn’t mean cutting down on taste—learn more about Chomps’ Keto jerky products for a flavorful addition to your day.