Growing up in the 2000's, lunchables were a staple for every kid at lunchtime. We decided to give them a bit of an upgrade and make a homemade version by using our own tupperware and Pepperoni Turkey Chomps. Since all lunchables usually include a sweet treat, we added in some fresh fruit and gluten-free sandwich cookies. This is a quick 15 minute lunch you'll want to make for your kids week after week once the school year begins.
Ingredients (per lunchbox):
- 2-4 cauliflower crust thins or mini pizza rounds/flatbreads
- 2-3 Pepperoni Turkey sticks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 (in each box) chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 clementines or 1 apple (cut into slices) in each
- 2 to 3 tupperwares where you can have the marinara and cheese separate from the flatbread
Start by prepping your lunchboxes. First cut up small tortillas into circles to make little "pizzas" or you could use Trader Joe's cauliflower thins. Next, add about 1/3 cup of marinara sauce into a compartment of the tupperware. Add mozzarella cheese into another compartment.
- Add 2-3 Pepperoni Turkey Chomps to the lunchbox, or you can slice them up and add into the tupperware if you have room.
- Pack the rest of the “lunchable” like you would a school lunch. Don't forget to add in an orange or apple and some sandwich cookies for a treat!
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom