Recipe created by Kayla Breeden of Kayla's Kitch and Fix
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or EVOO
- 4 eggs
- 3 small/medium potatoes
- 2 of your favorite CHOMPS sticks
- ½ cup compliant almond milk (I use MALK Organics)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- ¼ white onion
- salt & pepper, to taste
- basil, to top
Optional Add Ins/Swaps:
- bell pepper
- sweet potato
- green onions
- Preheat your oven to 425° and grease a casserole dish with avocado oil/EVOO or ghee. I use a 9×6 size. If yours is bigger, add an additional potato and egg to the recipe!
- Shred potatoes and press into the bottom and sides of your casserole dish to form the crust, press paper towel into the potatoes to absorb some of the moisture, then cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine eggs, coconut milk and almond milk and whisk together. Add in the onion and spinach as well as the salt and pepper.
- Chop CHOMPS into bite sized pieces and add to the egg mixture.
- When the potato crust is done, let cool for 5 minutes or until just warm/cool to the touch, then pour in your egg/veggie mixture.
- Return to the oven, covered with foil, and cook for 40 minutes. Once it’s done, remove the foil and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool, then top with fresh herbs and additional salt and pepper!