When you're craving a taco but want something a little lighter, we love serving these stuffed mango and quinoa avocados as a light dinner or even as an appetizer. You not only get protein from our Jalapeño Beef Chomps here but get an additional boost from the quinoa. The mango balances out the spiciness with a hint of sweetness! First you'll grill your avocados and then pack it with all of your fresh ingredients.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water or chicken broth
- 4 avocados, sliced in half and pit removed
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 green onions
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Jalapeño Beef Chomps, thinly sliced at a diagonal
- 3 stalks of corn
- ¼ cup lime juice
1. Cook your quinoa first (this will take about 15 minutes) and then let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While that is cooking, grill your avocado. Brush it with 2 tbsp of olive oil and brush on a bit of lime juice then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes green side down so there is a bit of a char.
- While those are grilling you can also either roast, boil or grill your corn. Set aside and turn off the grill.
- Prepare quinoa salad. Add in the rest of the lime juice, season with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cayenne. Mix until well combined. Add in chopped mango, green onion, corn, sliced Jalapeño Beef Chomps and parsley.
- Mix the quinoa salad and then scoop into the center of the avocados. Serve!
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom