One of our favorite snacks when it comes to football season and cozy fall nights are jalapeño poppers. They're warm, filling, the perfect appetizer if you're having nachos or tacos and just overall a simple snack to throw together in under 30 minutes. Our jalapeño poppers are packed with protein from our Jalapeño Beef Chomps and a bit of creaminess from Whole30 compliant cream cheese. These will be a staple in your household throughout the fall season!
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1 tub of Kitehill non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt and pepper
- 4 Jalapeño Beef Chomps, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- Topping: 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Slice jalapeño peppers lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Mix dairy-free cream cheese, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper together and then finely chop up your Chomps.
- You want the Chomps in bit size pieces and then you will add those into the cream cheese mixture.
- Next, thinly slice your green onions and mix those in as well.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the peppers.
- Bake for 15-20 min until golden brown. Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and more green onions for decoration.
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom