- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 small beets, roasted in the oven then peeled
- Handful of parsley
- 2-3 Chomps Original Beef sticks
- Peel the beet and cut into quarters (if you don’t have already cooked beets.) and roast them for 30-40 min. Let cool 10 min.
- Transfer to a Vitamix blender or food processor and add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and water. Blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Add the 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) olive oil in a slow, steady stream and blend on medium speed until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a bowl and top with a little more olive oil (for show), salt and pepper and parsley. Serve with crackers and Chomps on the side!