While we tend to want heavier meals during the colder months like chilis and pasta, having lighter options like this Fall Harvest Salad is a must. This is one of our favorite salads to make throughout the week as it only requires a few ingredients and has all of the fall seasonal produce we love: apples, pomegranate seeds and butternut squash. Feel free to swap in some acorn or delicata squash, brussels sprouts and or candied pecans for a twist.
2 cups of mixed greens
½ cup pomegranate seeds
2 cups of cubed butternut squash
3 beets, peeled and roasted, then cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 honeycrisp apple
6oz goat cheese
2 Original Turkey sticks, chopped
⅓ cup tahini
1 lemon juiced
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 garlic cloves minced
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender or in a mason jar.
2. Add About 2-4 tbsp of water to thin.
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, sea salt and 1 tsp cinnamon. Roast in the oven at 400º for 20-30 minutes. On a separate baking sheet, roast your beets in olive oil and sea salt.
- Make the salad with mixed greens, sliced apple, your roasted + cooled squash and beets, walnuts, and chopped Turkey.
- Pour on dressing on top! Serve and enjoy.
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom