Created by Kendra Peterson of Drizzle Kitchen
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Nachos:
• 1 large sweet potato, sliced thinly
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 1 bunch of green onions, sliced and separated greens and whites
• 4 Chomps Jalapeño Beef Sticks, sliced
• 1 cup of sliced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup sliced black olives
• 1 cup of cauliflower cheese sauce*
• 2 avocados, sliced
• 1/2 cup minced cilantro
• 2 limes, wedged
Cauliflower Cheese Sauce:
• 2 cups of steamed cauliflower
• 4-5 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp grass fed ghee
• 1 cup of grass fed, shredded cheddar cheese
• Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375º. Lay the sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer on parchment lined baking sheets and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat and add a swirl of olive oil.
3. Sauté the diced red pepper, sliced green onion whites and the sliced Chomps Jalapeño Beef Sticks together until fragrant, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Assemble the nachos by arranging half the sweet potatoes on a large platter. Top with half the sauteed red pepper, green onion and Chomps mixture. Spoon some of the cauliflower cheese sauce over.
5. Top with half of the sliced tomatoes and black olives.
6. Repeat the same process with the remaining ingredients.
7. Top with the sliced avocados, minced cilantro, reserved green onion tops and serve with the lime wedges and any extra cauliflower cheese sauce on the side.
For the Cauliflower Cheese Sauce:
1. Add the cauliflower, 4 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and grass fed ghee to a high speed blender. Puree until silky smooth.
2. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and pulse until combined. Taste and season with salt, as needed.