- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into thick slices (about 1/4" slices)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce (this includes extra for dipping)
- Basil, sliced thin
- 2 Chomps Pepperoni Turkey sticks, sliced thinly
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, add egg and whisk. In a separate bowl, add flour and spices and mix until combined. Dip zucchini slices in egg, letting the excess drip off, and then dip and flip slices in flour mixture until coated. Lay flat on the parchment paper lined rack, fitting as many as you can without stacking.
3. Bake for 3 minutes, then broil for about 2 minutes until they begin to crisp slightly. Add toppings and return to the oven, baking for 6-7 more minutes, broiling for 1-4 minutes until cheese is golden! Enjoy!
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom