In honor of National Nutrition Month, we are sharing easy and quick recipes like this Orange Cabbage Salad that you can prep a few days in advance to toss in your bag or purse when you're headed out the door. It also makes for a great family dinner and since it's not packed with any protein, throw a few Original Turkey Chomps alongside it for a balanced meal.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (mix of green/red)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or shredded romaine
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mandarin slices or sumo oranges
- ⅓ cup green onions
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- On the side: Original Turkey Chomps
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 knob fresh ginger
- 2 tsp honey
- Set aside 2-3 mason jars.
- First combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour into the bottom of each mason jar. You will most likely have to double the recipe for 3-4 mason jars.
- Then place the mixed cabbage and shredded lettuce at the bottom of each jar.
- Followed by the cilantro, carrots, mandarin oranges, green onions, sliced almonds and then the sesame seeds. Put jar on mason jar and pair with Chomps!
Best within 3-4 days