When it comes to breakfast, we love starting the day with something satiating, satisfying and packed with protein - like a good old fashioned quiche. This Spinach and Mushroom Quiche has it all including protein from pasture-raised eggs and grass-fed Original Beef Chomps. This can easily be made gluten-free and dairy-free and is a family favorite for those busy weekday mornings!
- 1 gluten-free or regular pie crust store-bought
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 Original Beef Chomps, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced finely
- 4 large eggs (we prefer pasture-raised)
- 1 cup almond milk (or whole milk)
- Handful of shredded gruyere cheese and ¼ cup parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- First, partially bake your pie crust at 375º for about 20-30 minutes until light golden.
- While pie crust is preheating, melt butter over medium heat and cook the onions until fragrant with the garlic. Add in your sliced chomps and sauté until crispy (about 2-3 minutes). Then add in your onions and spinach. Cook until spinach lightly wilts and remove from heat.
- Next in a large bowl, combine your eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the veggies and Chomps once they’ve cooled and add your cheese. Transfer the filling to the pie crust and cook at 375º for about 35-40 min until a knife comes out clean and the crust barely jiggles.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes then cut and enjoy!
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom