If you’re looking for an appetizer to bring to your next holiday gathering, look no further than these stuffed mushrooms packed with parmesan and your favorite Chomps Italian Beef sticks, finely diced. They come together in 30 minutes and are so tasty we’ll know you want more than one.
- 1 1/2 lb. baby mushrooms
- 3 Chomps Italian Beef sticks, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Remove stems from mushrooms and roughly chop stems. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped mushroom stems and cook until most of the moisture is out, 5 minutes. Add diced Chomps sticks and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then add breadcrumbs and let toast slightly, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix together mushroom stem and Chomps mixture, Parmesan, cream cheese, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Fill mushroom caps with filling and sprinkle with more Parmesan.
- Bake until mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.