This red, white and blue snack plate/charcuterie board is what you'll want to bring to your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July party. It features homemade pigs in a blanket using Chomps, yogurt covered pretzels, your favorite cheeses sliced into star shapes, watermelon (a summer staple), and Original Beef and Sea Salt Beef Chomps for a pop of color (and a punch of protein). Enjoy this with loved ones all summer long!
- 1 large watermelon, sliced in 4 wedges and then sliced into chunks
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 handful of red grapes
- 1 package of white cheddar slices, cut into stars
- 3-4 Original Beef Chomps sticks
- 3-4 Sea Salt Beef Chomps sticks
- 1 package of prosciutto
- 1 cup of yogurt covered pretzels
- 1/3 cup truffle marcona almonds (Trader Joe's has a rosemary one that is phenomenal!)
- 1 wedge of brie
- 1 cup of gluten-free crackers
- 8-10 "pigs in a blanket" made with Chomps
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 can store-bought crescent roll dough
- 2 tbsp butter, 1 minced garlic clove (melted and combined)
- Begin by covering the board with all of the fruit, prosciutto, nuts, cheddar slices and then arrange a few Chomps sticks with the wrappers on to have a pop of red and blue and then add the rest (sliced into pieces) into small bowls.
- Make the pigs in a blanket: chop up the Chomps sticks into 3rds and then take the crescent roll dough and wrap it around each Chomp. Next, add the garlic butter with a brush onto each crescent roll and add some everything but the bagel seasoning. Bake in the oven until golden brown – 400º for about 15-30. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place the pigs in a blanket on the end of the charcuterie board.
- Next cut watermelon into wedges and from there, cut chunks out in the shape of stars to place onto the board for a festive twist.
- If you're bringing this to a party - prepare your pigs in a blanket and add into a tupperware, then add all of your fruit into one tupperware, nuts and cheese in another and bring along a long board to wherever you're headed so you can prepare it at your party, day of. Enjoy!
Photos by Kaitlin Yocom